The Coppersmith Building in San Francisco’s South of Market district is an example of early 20th century poured-in-place concrete construction.
The modern version of this Los Gatos shopping center designed by architect Kenneth Rodrigues and Partners came about as the result of the Loma Prieta earthquake of 1989. Due to seismic damage, the complex was in need of extensive repairs. Fortunately, the timing was right for a new look as well.
Elester Medical Building in San Jose is located near Good Samaritan Hospital and is one in a long line of medical buildings built by C.M. Peletz Co. for the Samaritan Medical Center group.
Sierra Club Headquarters
The 66,000 square foot building at 730 Polk Street in San Francisco was originally built and used as an automobile garage.
The 38,000 square foot building on the Stanford campus was originally used as an animal barn. C.M. Peletz Co. undertook a massive seismic upgrade in order to have the building meet the Un-reinforced Masonry Building (UMB) code. Additional program included offices, retail areas and two restaurants.
The Vintage Tower on Santa Clara Street was once the second tallest building in downtown San Jose. Known as the Medico-Dental Building, the 55,000 sq. ft., 13-story building was built in 1928 to house medical office suites exclusively.